Week 1 of the NFL season is right around the corner and quick facts NFL edition continues to roll on. Today's quick facts, the Arizona Cardinals.
1) Despite being one of only ten teams to have 500 plus wins in franchise history, the Arizona Cardinals hold the current record for losses (723). Along with the Bears, the Cardinals remain the only two teams to still exist from the original 14 NFL, (then known as the American Professional Football Conference), teams to still be playing today.
2) Arizona finished the 2013 season 10-6. Heading into this season, the Cardinals will try achieve a feat they haven’t achieved since 1976 – have back-to-back double-digit win seasons. From 1974-76, Arizona strung together three seasons of double-digit wins. However, it’s the only in which the franchise has ever been able to produce back-to-back double-digit win seasons.
3) Last season the Cardinals finished with a point differential of +55. It was their best point differential for a season since 1993 (+57).
4) While the Cardinals haven’t loss to the Browns since 2003, the Cardinals have not fared worst to any other NFL team that they’ve played at least ten times. Trailing the all-time series 13-33-3, from 1950-62 the Cardinals went 2-23-1 versus the Browns.
5) While the Cardinals have called Arizona home since 1988, (Phoenix Cardinals from 1988-93), they originally played in Chicago. From 1920-59, the now Arizona team was referred to as the Chicago Cardinals.
Want a certain team featured for "Quick Facts with The U?" Contact Mike below and let your voice be heard!
Follow @mike_uva for exclusive interviews and the latest on mike-uva.com
Have a question or a comment for Mike? Email him at email@example.com