1) In each season that the New Engla Patriots have won a Super Bowl in franchise history (2001, 2003, 2004), they were ranked top six in defense for points allowed.
2) In the past ten seasons, the Patriots have scored more than 400 points eight times. To give you an idea how impressive that is, the Jacksonville Jaguars have only manage to score more than 400 points in a season once in their fifteen years of existence in the NFL.
3) Since Tom Brady took over at quarterback for New England in 2001, the Patriots have gone (158-50) in the regular-season. That’s 19 more wins than any other team in the NFL.
*NOTE: Includes games without Brady - 2008 season and 2001 season opener
4) Brady has guided the Patriots to a (18-7) playoff record. That’s’ six more wins than any other team in the NFL in that span.
5) The Patriots have had double digit wins each season since 2003. The Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills have had zero in that span.
6) It's been ten years since Tom Brady last won a Super Bowl. No starting quarterback in NFL history has won a Super Bowl after being in a title drought for that long. Below is a list of every quarterback who has ever won (2) or more Super Bowls, and their longest drought in between championships.*
Roger Staubach: VI - XII (6 yrs)
Eli Manning: XLII - XLVI (4 yrs)
Joe Montana: XIX - XXIII (4 yrs)
Jim Plunkett: XV - XVIII (3 yrs)
Ben Roethlisberger: XL - XLIII (3 yrs)
Troy Aikman: XXVIII - XXX (2 yrs)
Terry Bradshaw: XIII - XIV (2 yrs)
John Elway: XXXII - XXXIII (Back-to-Back)
Bob Griese: VII - VIII (Back-to-Back)
*As seen in my Pats Training Camp Quick Facts
7) On Tues, the New England Patriots announced 25,317 attended the joint practice with the Philadelphia Eagles – a Patriots training camp record. The record-size crowd outdoes the Patriots first official AFL home game (Sep. 9th 1960), as a crowd of 21,597 came out to Nickerson Field (Boston University) to see the Patriots lose 13-10 to the Denver Broncos.
Follow @mike_uva for exclusive interviews and the latest on mike-uva.com
Have a question or a comment for Mike? Email him at firstname.lastname@example.org