1) Since their last playoff win in 2003 - Super Bowl XXXVII - the Buccaneers have only advanced to the playoffs twice (2005 and 2007). Both years they were eliminated in the Wild Card. In that same span, they've been outscored by opponents by (443) points, including playoffs, and have finished with a winning record only four times.
2) Despite being released last season, Josh Freeman holds the record for most touchdown passes in a Buccaneers career (80). It took him 16 fewer games to edge out Vinny Testaverde who held the record since 1992 (77).
3) While Testaverde holds the record for most passing yards in a Buccaneers' career, he also holds the record for most inceptions (112). In his second season with the team, Testaverde threw 35 interceptions; second most all-time only behind George Blanda (42).
4) In 1986, the Bucs drafted Auburn star running back Bo Jackson. Jackson refused to sign the contract, and instead played baseball, after signing a deal with the Kansas Royals. The Bucs would finish that season 2-14, fired coach Leeman Bennett and didn't return to the playoffs until 1997.
5) The Buccaneers, who hold the longest losing streak in NFL history (1976-77) went 2-28 in those first two seasons in the NFL. To make matters worse, they were outscored (407).
Follow @mike_uva for exclusive interviews and the latest on mike-uva.com
Have a question or a comment for Mike? Email him at email@example.com